template

Friday, November 21, 2008

Egg Donation as of 11/21/08

So I had my consultation on Tuesday and it went great. Basically it was a lot of paperwork, which I'm positive there will still be loads more of.

There were tons of questions, and basically them explaining the process. After I practically signed my life away, ha, I was given instructions that my next step was to go have a drug screening and blood work.

So yesterday when Tim got off work we went and did that. It went well, besides the fact that I couldn't fill their urine specimen cup, I just didn't need to go. I made them stay after close by about 10 minutes, so they could wait for me to...finish the job?

Anyway this morning around 9am I got a call from Jennifer, my nurse, that I was now an active donor, and all I had to do was wait for a recipient couple to pick me. Sweet. Then at 5pm I got another call from her telling me that they needed the rest of my information, because I had a few couples interested in me.

Damn was I a cute kid or what?! So I sent her the rest of my information, family history, and she told me that they will be in contact with me on Monday for the next step.

I just looked at a paper that is in my folder and at the bottom it reads...

"Thank you for helping a couple achieve their dream of having a family." That pretty much sums it up.

No comments: