So...how do I start this off...let's see.
I love life. I love my children. I love that when I look at my girls..I see their father, and I see myself. I love that we brought two perfectly beautiful children into this world.
I have many friends who have been affected with infertility and miscarriages, and that breaks my heart. Tim and I never had to try to get pregnant...we never had to wait countless months to finally get that positive pregnancy test. We make jokes that I'm so fertile that if there is the slightest chance that I could end up pregnant, that it will happen. It's a bittersweet feeling..because while I have conceived quite easily..there are countless women in the world..who will never know what that feels like.
I have always been interested in surrogacy, or becoming a donor. I have always wanted to help bring life into this world..I want to help make a family. Now that I have a family of my own, this desire has become so much stronger. I would willingly carry a friends child if they couldn't do it, I would do it in a heartbeat without a second thought.
I looked into surrogacy but at this point I don't think I could handle being pregnant and chasing two toddlers. Plus I feel like my body needs a well deserved rest. So about a month ago I started looking seriously into becoming an egg donor. I checked out a couple websites and found a really nice fertility clinic in Austin and submitted an application.
I have been in contact back an forth with this place..and I'm at the point of filling out a donor survey. I just feel incredible and really hope that this works. Thank God that I have an amazing husband who supports me in this, and an amazing family who is standing behind me.
I just wanted to write and let my friends and family know that we are seriously considering this. Keep us in your prayers."
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment