template

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Our duty station, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

So this morning, Tim and I were talking and he was about to leave for class when I got this strange urge to check his AKO account to see if his duty station had been posted.

Last Friday on his AKO, he went from a Rule 4: student status, to a Rule 5: assignment instructions. Word was, that once that happened..a duty station should be posted within a weeks time.

So in hopes that a duty station had been posted, I checked. The next thing I saw had me jumping up and down and dialing Tim's number as fast as I could.

When he answered, I screamed CHECK YOUR AKO!!! The entire time it took for him to pull open a browser and get to the ako..I was telling him how great it was, how happy he'd be. Then he said 'no way...you're effing shitting me!'

FORT HOOD.

We got mother freaking Fort Hood. After the past year of mentally preparing ourselves, along with our families, that we'd be moving far away..we got the nearest duty station to us..45 minutes away. How does that happen!?

Not only did we get Fort Hood, but one of Tim's very close friends that has gone through basic and AIT with him, also got Fort Hood. Tim's close friend, Kris, has a wife, Nicole, who I am also very close with. How awesome?!

Tim's report date is August 8th, 2010. Yay for finally knowing, and another yay for being happy about it!

1 comment:

kara said...

until the very last paragraph i thought you were UPSET about moving to fort hood! lol. glad you got something you like and can still be near family :) everything works out in the end!